Staff Android Engineer
- TIME 100 Most Influential Companies (2023)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built In Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
We are implementing modular, reliable designs utilizing Kotlin and state of the art tools (Retrofit, coroutines, Architecture Components, Kotlin Flows, Dagger). Our focus is on producing applications that are useable, accessible, reliable, and responsive to changing business needs.
As a Staff Android Engineer you will be working with a cross functional team including backend engineers, visual designers, and the rest of our mobile team. You demonstrate exceptional ownership of not only the area of your team, but across the entire Android codebase.
- Provide technical leadership and drive technical excellence contributing to the success of the team.
- Develop an excellent understanding of Maven’s business strategy, our mobile application and work with visual and business design specifications to meet the end-users’ needs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with external data sources and APIs.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Mentor and grow other android engineers.
- Raise the bar for android development by improving best practices, producing exemplary code and technical documentation, automated tests and thorough and precise monitoring.
- At least 8 years experience developing Android apps.
- 3+ years of experience leading teams and setting technical direction.
- 3 years of experience with Kotlin
- Experience with Kotlin Coroutines and Jetpack libraries including Compose
- Knowledge of modern application architectures (MVVM, MVI, etc).
- Experience with Android SDK
- Proficient with Android Studio and Git
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, recent trends, and emerging technologies
- Excellent communication skills. You collaborate effectively with cross functional teams to discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.