Lead Product Manager, Data Engineering
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
About the team: Maven’s product team is growing quickly to accelerate our mission of driving better health outcomes for our members through a human-centered product experience. A key component of this growth is to ensure we are analyzing and responding to product, business, and clinical signals.
We are seeking an experienced product manager who is passionate about data workflows and can translate user needs into a strategy that champions Maven’s core value of Leading with Data. Your role will be to understand the needs of stakeholders using our data warehouse as well as to understand the processes and tools that currently exist to ETL data between various transactional databases and the data warehouse. As a Senior Product Manager for Data Engineering, you will partner closely with our data teams to define a roadmap and to implement a streamlined end-to-end data transformation process.
As Lead Product Manager for Data Engineering, you will:
- Become an expert in the end-to-end data transformation process and a voice for stakeholders using the data warehouse. Your goal will be to ensure data is made available as timely as possible and in the appropriate structures. You will also strive to implement tools to monitor data warehouse performance.
- Identity key opportunities and act as the primary driver of vision, strategy, and roadmap for Maven’s data warehousing needs, in alignment with the broader organization and company goals
- Lead, support, and collaborate with the data engineering team and cross-functional partners to build a streamlined end-to-end data transformation process between various transactional databases and the data warehouse
- Define, track, and deliver on core success measures, KPIs, and hypotheses to support company OKRs
- Use data and insights, including performance analytics, market research, user research, and business needs, to inform prioritization
- Build for the long term - design and deliver solutions and systems that scale to support our business’ growth
- Mentor and support the broader Product team and improve on product best practices at Maven
- 6+ years of Product Management experience, ideally with experience in ELT/ETL data transformation processes or working with data-centric products
- Strong product sense and business judgment, grounding all product decisions in data, user feedback, and measurable impact
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and work in a highly collaborative environment with a broad set of partners
- Ability to learn quickly about new user journeys, systems, industries, and processes and apply them in context
- Strong communication skills, including clear verbal and written communication
- Self-starter with comfort with ambiguity and complex, fast paced environments and opportunities
- Background in healthcare with a focus on health plans and/or health systems
- Comfort and experience working within a fast-growing organization and early stage opportunities
For candidates in NYC, CA or CO, the salary range for this role is $165,000 - $245,000 per year. You may also be entitled to receive stock options, and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
At Maven, creating a safe and inclusive environment for all is our top priority. If you'll be going into our offices or joining company-organized events, please note that Maven requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received the bivalent booster.
Something looks off?