Senior Medical Director
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
We are seeking a Senior Medical Director to lead clinical operations for our multi-specialty provider group with accountability for the delivery of high quality, equitable, patient-centered care. Reporting directly to the Chief Medical Officer, the Senior Medical Director will be an important member of Maven’s clinical leadership team, and oversee service line leads for obstetrics, pediatrics, mental health and other verticals. The Senior Medical Director will collaborate closely with Clinical Innovation to continuously improve and augment condition-specific programs in fertility, maternity, menopause and other areas of womens and family health. This role will also work cross-functionally with Network Operations, Product, and Growth to enhance and operationalize Maven’s clinical strategy. The Senior Medical Director may work directly with health plan or provider partners as a clinical leader for Maven. This person will assist in the development of new product lines, and ensure clinical quality and outcomes are maintained as we grow.
As Senior Medical Director, you will:
- Lead and manage the Maven Provider Team including developing job architectures, performance metrics, and structures to scale our Provider team as we grow
- Lead the Provider Team to delivery high quality care by partnering with Clinical Quality to define quality assurance policies and procedures and holding providers accountable to them
- Define annual Provider Group strategy and roadmap that will optimize Maven's virtual care model to drive patient outcomes and to achieve strong clinical ROI
- Collaborate with clinical strategy teams to engage providers in clinical programs and design new clinical offerings to drive outcomes
- Collaborate with Network Operations to monitor Provider Team schedules, utilization, and other operational needs
- Support Provider Network, over 400 providers, across over 30 specialities to drive provider engagement, satisfaction, compliance, and high quality care
- Provide clinical guidance and oversight to the telehealth model, including but not limited to: product features and new programs, provider training development, clinical escalation protocol support, and collaborating physician models
- Be a clinical voice and thought leader at Maven, including support for growth and communication efforts as needed
We’re looking for you to bring:
- Experience with a high-growth start-up and the excitement at the challenge of building a business with ambitious goals
- Experience collaborating closely in a ‘hands-on’ manner with product/business teams, while driving metrics and business outcomes
- Experience managing physicians and other providers in a telehealth environment
- Knowledge of the telemedicine industry - both from regulatory/policy point of view, as well as, the latest results from clinical studies
- Passion to drive better maternal health outcomes, and grow new and innovative care models in women’s and family health, including in different populations (i.e., high risk, both Medicaid and Commercial)
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals who have different skill sets and backgrounds, including Product, Engineering, Design, and other cross-functional teams on technologies we implement, including in/around telehealth and care coordination
- Superb communication skills, decisive prioritization, and ability to say no
- Clinical degree required; MD or DO from an accredited medical school, Medical Board Certification, and completion of medical residency program preferred
For candidates in NYC or CO, the salary range for this role is $220,000 - $300,000 per year. You may also be entitled to receive a bonus, stock options, and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
At Maven, creating a safe and inclusive environment for all is our top priority. If you'll be going into our offices or joining company-organized events, please note that Maven requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received the bivalent booster.
Something looks off?