Director, Inclusion and Employee Engagement
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
Maven is looking for a Director of Inclusion and Employee Engagement reporting directly to our Chief People Officer. This role will serve as our in-house champion for all Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Employee Belonging programming as well as driving overall employee engagement. They will drive company strategy to ensure we are focused on building an equitable workplace that drives sustainable growth. The Director of Inclusion & Employee Engagement will also help to shape the overall Maven culture and values through innovative programming and best-in-class initiatives. Success in this role will be measured by equitable workplace metrics that can drive meaningful change and positively impact employee experience within the organization.
The ideal candidate will be highly skilled at helping companies navigate and respond to complex conversations, while addressing difficult questions with dignity and respect for staff with differing experiences of DEIB. The candidate should have expertise in change management, evolving organizational culture in partnership with executive leadership, and successfully navigating sensitive situations with employees. The ideal candidate will have DEIB expertise, experience with working with survey data along with relevant DEIB methodologies, familiarity with cross functional teams, and be able to clearly articulate the "why" behind their approach to this work
As the Director, Inclusion and Employee Engagement you will:
- Partner with CPO to develop and execute a comprehensive DEIB mission, strategy and related programming.
- Serve as key leader and advisor to Maven’s DEIB Council.
- Partner with People Team leaders and other internal stakeholders to ensure our DEIB mission is applied consistently to our programs, processes and messaging.
- Build content and lead trainings, workshops and other programming for employees, i -line with our overall Learning & Development strategy, and with an eye toward operating at scale
- Be a strong partner to our recruiting team and hiring managers, outlining goals and targets for diversity throughout our hiring process and holding the teams accountable
- Deeply understand employee sentiment and needs, and distill data-driven insights and recommendations on a regular basis to senior management through the use of surveys, focus groups and other innovative methods
- Develop a consistent Employee Value Proposition (EVP) and vision for the Maven overall employee experience, in partnership with Internal Communications.
- Devise a plan for continuous employee engagement through effective action planning processes with the People Partners that will improve the quality of the employee experience.
- Serve as a trusted internal communications partner and strategic advisor for senior leadership.
- Act on insights you gain from people data to implement progressive talent strategies addressing retention and development needs.
- 8+ years of experience in People leadership, or equivalent business operations roles.
- Demonstrated experience running DEIB programs at scale
- Experience in organizations that have experienced hyper change and growth
- Experience developing and delivering organization-wide solutions to a Head of People, CEO, and Executive Leaders
- Demonstrated strength in project management and planning, from idea to execution
- Passionate about creating a more equitable society at large
- Exceptional influencing skills to quickly build credibility, establish rapport and engage in executive level partnerships.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills in all forms that exhibit your objectivity, empathy, patience, and diplomacy.
- An entrepreneurial drive, ability to create order from chaos, and willingness to roll up sleeves to directly solve challenging problems.
- Highly collaborative, yet also self-directed; anticipates and takes initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact, discretion and ethics
- Experience in other parts of a business (outside of People)
For candidates in NYC, CO, or CA, the base salary range for this role is $175,000-$225,000 per year. You will also be entitled to take part in our company bonus program, stock options and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
At Maven, creating a safe and inclusive environment for all is our top priority. If you'll be going into our offices or joining company-organized events, please note that Maven requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received the bivalent booster.
Something looks off?