Senior Engineering Manager, Care Delivery
- TIME 100 Most Influential Companies (2023)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built In Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
About the team:
Maven is looking for a seasoned Director of Engineering to advance our evolving product engineering organization. In this role, you will lead teams to build best in class products that improve the care experience for each member, drive better health outcomes, and allow Maven to deliver cost-effective care. You will work with leadership across the organization, fostering collaboration with product, design, care, and provider operations teams to ensure engineering contributes effectively to the delivery of world-class software products at scale.
As an Engineering Director at Maven, your core responsibilities include:
- Cultivate success across the engineering department through leadership and direction across data, data infrastructure, and systems/operations.
- Build and lead a team of engineering managers and engineers, through hiring, mentoring, feedback, and career development.
- Be a key player in strategic workforce planning and the hiring/retention processes - recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding new Mavens. Drive team satisfaction to retain our people.
- Partner with engineering management and engineers on career progression and individual development for professional growth at Maven and beyond.
- Empower your teams to build scalable and secure systems and platforms for Maven's engineers.
- In partnership with your direct reports, implement appropriate metrics to measure and motivate productivity and engagement across engineering.
- Foster curiosity and empathy within your teams.
- Facilitate collaboration between engineering and product teams while solving exciting and challenging problems across the platform.
We’re looking for someone to bring core capabilities to our team:
- 8+ years of experience in engineering, with at least some of this time spent focused on backend engineering, as well as 5+ years of hands-on engineering management
- Experience with designing large scale distributed systems for high performance
- Proven track record in building and growing high performing engineering teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with teams across engineering and cross functional teams
- Passionate about working in a product-centric setting where the entire team is dedicated to making a meaningful difference for customers
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment supporting rapidly growing business
- Experience working within some form of privacy, security or regulatory constraints
- Experience in leading, managing, and coaching engineering teams to deliver high quality software
Maven is built with:
- MySQL / PostgreSQL
- Google Cloud Platform
For candidates in NYC or CO, the salary range for this role is $240,000 - $300,000 per year. You may also be entitled to receive a bonus, stock options, and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.