Director, Talent Acquisition
Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
In this role, you will oversee all aspects of Talent Acquisition. Reporting into the head of people, you will lead recruiting efforts for our U.S. and Galway based workforce (corporate, tech, operations, customer experience) managing and mentoring a team while driving the overall recruitment strategy for the organization. You will work closely with key leaders across the business to understand, anticipate and drive recruiting and talent related strategies. You will be empowered to think creatively about how to recruit and pilot innovative processes designed to attract and close top talent.
This is an office centric role based in our Brooklyn, NY office. You will have the option to work from home on Fridays.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee full cycle recruiting for all aspects of the company’s company’s global employee base including:
- Leading and mentoring a team of recruiters
- Developing an effective recruitment strategy for each function, introducing proactive ideas and innovative solutions including nuanced approaches for hard to fill positions
- Creating a robust, always on recruiting strategy to build a constant talent pipeline
- Ensuring a top notch candidate and business partner experience, developing processes for streamlining interviewing, communication and feedback while maintaining high quality
- Taking a data driven approach, including tracking the team’s progress, surfacing key metrics to leadership and iterating recruiting strategy as needed
- Owning a targeted req load of key leadership positions and critical hires as needed
- Assess and analyze current processes related to recruiting and talent management and optimize, improve and iterate as appropriate relative to current business goals and hiring needs
- Spearhead thoughtful DE&I recruiting strategies across RTR’s employee base to support our multi year impact strategy
- Become quickly immersed into the culture and business needs and various functions / teams as well RTR as a whole in order to effectively understand the candidate profile that will be the most successful at RTR
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with key leaders in order to understand their department structure, key initiatives and projects, evaluate talent needs, and contribute ideas, solutions and tools for constantly evolving our recruiting practices
Maintain and demonstrate active industry awareness, understanding the landscape to keep tabs on emerging and transitioning businesses, industry news, competitive analysis, market data, etc.
Bachelor’s degree plus 8+ years in Talent Acquisition with at least 4 leading successful teams Experience in fast paced nimble environments, ideally in organizations that have dynamic and diverse employee populations (mix of hourly and salary, tech and non tech) over the course of your career
- Strong leadership capabilities - must be an excellent mentor and motivational manager with a proven track record of hiring and developing top talent and creating lasting relationships with business partners
- Excellent communicator - strong written and verbal communication skills and the confidence to communicate effectively with key decision makers across the business, candidates across all levels, etc.
- Demonstrated success implementing innovative ways to attract and retain candidates - must be an out-of-the-box thinker and have creative ways of approaching problems
- Proficiency using ATS systems (Greenhouse preferred), LinkedIn and other sourcing tools, google suite
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Office centric work - our corporate employees and technical leaders have the option to work remotely on Fridays, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $134,400 - $168,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held. This position is also eligible for equity compensation.