Facilities Technician - Level 1
Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
Overall responsibility for performing duties and assisting management within the engineering operation of a fulfillment and distribution environment, or other facilities as directed by management. Individuals are expected to understand all aspects of the operation, adhere to safety standards and meet production guidelines.
- Conducts proper use, maintenance, tests, and repairs of mechanical equipment, systems, and components
- Applies knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and mechanical support
- Applies skills in restoring equipment to operational status including but not limited to dry cleaning equipment, boilers, chillers, generators, air compressors, steam tunnels, finishing equipment, auto baggers, conveyance, sorters
- Perform repetitive movements (eg. climbing ladders), reaching, bending, push/pull bins, repetitive wrist movement, be stationary, mobile or physically active for entirety of the shift
- Work under pressure while meeting immediate goals, deadlines, standards and expectations
- Comply and meet standard operating procedures
- Accountable for personal time and attendance
- Communicate and cooperate with team members and leadership
- Take on additional duties as assigned by leadership
- Responsible for maintaining safety guidelines, cleanliness and security standards
- Restock supplies as needed
- Identify and surface issues to leadership in a timely fashion
- 1 year of trade experience in one or more of the following areas: plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, HVAC, or electrical controls
- Shifts Available: 4:00am -12:30pm or 1:30pm - 10:00pm
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs based on needs of the role
- Intermediate computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software, google docs) as well as the ability to operate warehouse tools (eg. scanner)
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and safely while using machinery (eg. sewing machine, pressing machine, cleaning machine)
- Ability to understand, follow and execute written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to analyze, problem solve and make decisions independently
- Must operate with a sense of urgency, and have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
- Must be self-disciplined and have the ability to work independently without constant oversight
- Familiarity with warehouse systems and ability to use all warehouse software
- Experience in a dry cleaning operation is a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.