Senior Android Developer
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Thursday, January 5, 2023
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for someone who provides stability to the Android staff as we deal with a variance of factors that fluctuate our contract staff. To the extent that we often onboard new contractors, this person will provide pairing, training, and leadership to ensure the new hire comes up to speed efficiently and correctly. As a Senior Android Developer, you will also contribute to the product features for the area in which they are the expert.
What You'll Do
- This is an “anchor” position on the Android full-time staff
- To that extent, the new hire will act as the subject matter expert on not only Android in general but also a specific slice of the Tala infrastructure (which will rotate over time)
- The new hire will “anchor” the subject matter knowledge and allow other staff and/or contractors to seamlessly transition into and out of the group
- The new hire will have product feature responsibilities (must deliver features) plus intra-group responsibilities (lead, train, PR review, participate in the Android Guild, etc)
What You'll Need
- 7+ years of experience, 5+ years of Android
- +4 years using Kotlin
- +3 years using Espresso
- Experience using RxJava
- Experience using Retrofit/OkHttp
- Experience using Dagger
- Experience working with Architectural patterns MVVM and MVP
- Strong English skills
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Tala
Something looks off?