Business Analytics Lead
Posted on Tuesday, March 7, 2023
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
- Lead and mentor a team of Business Analysts
- Ensure service delivery fulfillment of assigned tasks and projects
- Perform routine business analysis using various techniques (e.g. statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and data mining) to provide business support and data-driven recommendations
- Collect and Interpret data, and analyze results using statistical techniques to provide Ad Hoc and BAU reports
- Develop and implement datasets, data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize process efficiency and quality
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly performance report
- Provide inputs on performance improvement and cost efficiency
- Assist with account endorsement processing for third-party service providers
- Perform cost-benefit analysis and invoice processing
- Regular updates on vendor performance, reporting, invoicing, and commissions
- Work closely with the Data Science and Business Intelligence Teams on key projects
- Coordinate and share best practices with counterparts from other markets
- Become the point of contact for all Business Analytics concerns
- Review and maintain CXCL reports and processes
- Dialer administration support for strategic call segmentation
- Create strategic recommendations to improve real-time productivity focusing on service levels
- Track project performance and ensure project completion
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Lead weekly team updates
- Familiarity and exposure to Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Working knowledge of Dialer Admin and Reporting tools
- Excellent communications skills – verbal and written
- Excellent organization, planning, and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience using self service BI tools like Tableau/Power BI/Looker/Data Studio
- Experience using statistical languages R/Python/SQL to manipulate data and draw insights from large datasets
- At least 2 years experience in related function
- At least 1 year experience leading a team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work on a shifting schedule
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work with end users to meet appropriate deadlines
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to change
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Tala
Something looks off?