Senior Content Designer II
India Gate, New Delhi, Delhi, India
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
As a content designer, you'll work on the Product Design team to create intuitive, resonant experiences for the people who use Tala. You'll help them navigate through meticulously crafted language and design, and play an integral role in crystallizing project vision and strategy. You’ll help author what we want people to feel at every turn. It's as much about writing as it is about understanding your audience and making decisions that reflect their best interests. Basically, you're a designer who happens to use words as your design language.
What you'll do:
- Write words that bring financial access to people across the world. You'll be in charge of interface copy in our app, which not only propels money lending, but also experiences that occur outside the app.
- Create compelling long-term strategies that allow content to scale globally.
- Change gears easily, working with different products and teams.
- Use metrics and research to inform (but not dictate!) your work.
- Influence core features of our app. Our design team has input on all aspects of how products and features work, not just the words they use.
- Collaborate with product designers, researchers, engineers, product managers, product marketers, and many others.
What you'll need:
- Writing, content strategy, design thinking, collaboration with Product Management, Data Science, Research, information architecture, Figma, stakeholder alignment, presentations
- 5+ years working in a product design environment on consumer apps.
- A willingness to pitch ideas to cross-functional stakeholders, and an understanding of when it makes sense to push back and when it doesn't.
- An appetite for problem solving in a landscape that changes quickly. If you like to identify gaps in processes, inefficiencies that could be smoothed over, or things that simply could work better, you'll fit right in.
- Ability to strategically prioritize multiple projects. You'll have plenty to do—know where your efforts will have the most impact.
- This should go without saying, but you should be able to express your ideas meticulously in writing. Hopefully, in very concise writing.
- A degree in English, Psychology, Design, HCI or any area that emphasizes story-telling.
- Experience in design for consumer mobile apps. Content design experience in other environments is also useful, as long as you can articulate how your approach would or wouldn’t adapt to the world of mobile apps/consumer software.
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.