Tech Lead Software Engineer l Content
Thrive is a leading behavior change technology company founded by Arianna Huffington in 2016 with the mission to end the stress and burnout epidemic. Thrive helps individuals and organizations improve well-being, performance and mental resilience with its AI-powered behavior change technology platform. Thrive’s Microsteps – small, science-backed steps to improve health and productivity – have been adopted by employees at more than 125 organizations in over 140 countries, from frontline and call center workers to executives at multinational companies.
As a Tech Lead Software Engineer on our Content team, you will be a core part of the team that designs, builds, and innovates with Thrive’s Content offerings. This team is responsible for the content systems, including our CMS, a search platform, translations and the Library: which contains journeys, articles, courses, video resets, microsteps, recipes, books, and other content types like audio resources.
The successful candidate has experience to quickly size up problems, devise effective solutions and drive their execution from the blank sheet to production. We need a kind and caring team player who takes responsibility for the organizational outcomes, ready to collaborate with Business, Product and Technology partners and able to deliver value while tolerating ambiguity and fluidity of rapid organizational growth
The is a remote role and we are open to candidates located in UTC-5 to UTC+1
If you’re not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but this sounds like a role you would Thrive in – we want you to apply! We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Who You Are:
- Someone with a passion for changing the way people work and live with demonstrated interest in topics like well-being, productivity, neuroscience, behavioral sciences, and performance
- Passionate about the needs of your users, both internal and external
- A team player who works collaboratively to get things done, highlighting areas to improve our systems and suggests avenues to get there.
How You'll Contribute:
- Design, build, and ship APIs, datastores, and functionality inside Thrive’s content infrastructure.
- Contribute to our Content Management System and search engine
- Partner with product teams to bring Thrive’s product functionality into a best in class solution based on various chat environments.
- Participate in the product development process from helping scope work to measuring success and iterating based on insights from users
- Thrive (no pun intended) in a collaborative environment developing and executing against immediate and long-term roadmaps & making effective tradeoffs considering business priorities, but always with the customer experience in mind
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Software Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in software development with a focus in Kotlin, Java, Scala or NodeJS / Typescript
- Experience in how to build scalable, resilient, and observable distributed systems, from data storage to API layer
- Experience leveraging GraphQL or RESTful APIs for service-to-service requests.
- Professionalism around collaborating in a remote working environment and well tested, reproducible work.
- Ability to scope and prioritize tasks on ambiguous and complex technical projects.
- Capability of considering specific technical tradeoffs to maximize impact for effort.
- Curiosity and growth mindset to learn new technologies to solve interesting problems.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Experience with Search engines
- Experience deploying and maintaining publicly available applications or integrations on app marketplaces like Apple App Store, Google Play, Slack’s app directory, etc.
What We Offer:
- Being part of a mission-driven company that’s truly making a difference in the lives of people around the world
- Ability to develop within the company and shape our growth strategy
- A human-centric culture with a range of wellness perks and benefits
- A competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental and vision coverage + 401k program with company match
- Generous paid time-off programs
Thrive is deeply committed to creating a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment so that all employees can bring their whole selves to work.
Thrive is proud to ensure equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Thrive is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Thrive’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Compensation for this role depends on level, and will likely fall in the $175,000-$195,000 range. We provide a competitive mix of salary and equity.