Zola is seeking an exceptional Account Manager to help manage the small businesses on Zola’s Wedding Vendor Marketplace.
Zola’s Wedding Vendor Marketplace helps engaged couples find and connect with local wedding professionals (venues, photographers, florists, and more) to plan the wedding of their dreams. Our Account Management team plays a critical role by building strong relationships and driving value within our supply of wedding vendors to meet the demand of Zola’s large, fast-growing base of couples.
Here at Zola, we’re seeking a highly motivated and results-driven Account Manager to join our Vendor Marketplace team. The primary responsibility of this role is to cultivate strong relationships with our vendors (clients), drive sales, and ensure satisfaction and retention. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is passionate about delivering value to clients and driving business growth. This role is based in NYC, with 2 days a week in the office (Tuesdays and Thursdays).
We're looking for a self-starter who can ramp quickly, manage a high-volume pipeline of vendors, and contribute to the continuous improvement of the entire Account Management team by sharing with and learning from colleagues. This job is ideal for someone who is highly motivated, organized, persistent and adaptable. A scrappy startup mindset and positive attitude are key.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our clients, understanding their needs and challenges in order to provide custom solutions and recommendations so they can achieve the best results.
- Sell Zola’s services into our existing customer base in order to achieve revenue targets
- Review the vendor’s Zola listing regularly, and work with the vendor to make improvements based on your knowledge of successful listings on the platform.
- Work to save / retain vendors who may be at risk of canceling
- Anticipate potential challenges for the vendor and proactively offer suggestions.
- Educate vendors on the benefits and features of our offerings and how they can address their specific needs.
- Assist vendors in the onboarding process, ensuring a smooth transition and effective product adoption.
- Communicate regularly with vendors to ensure their engagement and satisfaction with Zola
- 1-2 years of experience in account management, sales, or a customer-facing role.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Resilient mindset to effectively navigate and embrace change in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to understand and articulate technical concepts and product features
- Acute attention to detail
- Must have strong, friendly, upbeat verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Is a self starter and rolls with the punches in an ever changing environment
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and able to work independently.
- A customer-centric mindset with a commitment to delivering exceptional service.
- Experience with Hubspot is a valuable asset, but not a mandatory requirement
The salary for this role is $45,000-$50,000.
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples’ lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology… all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, and quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online and mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, and simply magical. We’re proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital and Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, and we’re proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, and we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion and perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, and partner will be respected and accepted and valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, and we have an office in Montreal. Come work with us!