Zola is looking for a part-time Finance Intern to partner with the Zola Finance team. You’ll work directly with our Accounting team on a variety of assignments, getting a chance to see the day-to-day life of a corporate Finance team at a fast-paced, rapidly growing company. The internship will be around 5-10 hours per week from January through May 2024, subject to your class schedule.
- Assist with internal audit testing
- Assist with pulling samples to be provided to auditors
- Organize and enhance format of balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with manual filing of sales tax returns, as needed
- Download supporting documents from accounting applications and combine into YTD reports
- Assist and work with the Accounts Payable team, as needed
- Assist Accounting/Finance team with various ad hoc projects
- Seeking Bachelor’s Degree or preferably Master’s in Accounting from a College/University within United States
- Preferably a Rising Junior or Senior in College
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong independent work ethic
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and ability to work with large amounts of data
The pay for this role is $20.00 per hour.
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples’ lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology… all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, and quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online and mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, and simply magical. We’re proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital and Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, and we’re proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, and we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion and perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, and partner will be respected and accepted and valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, and we have an office in Montreal. Come work with us!