Zola is seeking a high-energy, analytical and motivated Financial Planning & Analysis Manager to join the Strategic Finance team. This role will report into the Head of Strategic Finance and will partner closely with the marketing, commerce, merchandising, operations, and accounting teams to forecast sales & margin, analyze trends and drive strategic thinking. This person will be responsible for providing accurate monthly & annual forecasts, thoughtful analyses and cultivating strong partnerships across the company to drive strategic initiatives. This role is based in NYC, with 2 days a week in office (Tuesdays and Thursdays).
- Build plans and forecasts for the total Zola business sales & margin and ensure plans align with financial goals
- Cultivate strong cross functional relationships and partner closely with marketing, commerce, vendor marketplace, and merchandising teams on business unit strategies and analysis and identify risks and opportunities
- Drive ad hoc analysis around business trends, both Zola specific and macro, to provide thoughtful and clear reports to key leaders
- Own reporting for weekly KPI reports, monthly forecast meetings, and quarterly opex reviews
- Partner with Accounting and Business Intelligence teams to ensure visibility and integrity of business and financial data
- Work with the business leaders on Board materials, including financial projections, PowerPoint presentations and supplementary analysis
- Collaborate with leadership team members to determine and prioritize business strategies in accordance with annual planning
- Partner with the Head of Strategic Finance to drive strategic initiatives like M&A, cross-functional strategic processes, and long-term vision/roadmap planning
- Proactively drive process and workflow improvements for the team
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years of experience in a finance or analytical role in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Investment banking experience is a plus
- Experience and comfortability working with and manipulating large data sets and excel files.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required, proficiency in Looker and/or SQL a plus (or ability to become proficient quickly)
- Highly analytical and critical thinker with ability to conduct analyses and defend such analyses; enjoys solving problems creatively and proactively and thinking strategically
- Highly detail oriented with strong organizational and problem solving skills and the demonstrated ability to manage multiple work streams efficiently and accurately
- Excellent storytelling and presentation skills. You can develop and deliver engaging presentations, emails, and financial reports. You know the importance of “details” and have the highest standard of excellence in verbal & written communication
- Team player and collaborator
- Able to build trusted cross-functional relationships
The salary range for this position is $110,000 - $120,000.
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples’ lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology… all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, and quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online and mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, and simply magical. We’re proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital and Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, and we’re proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, and we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion and perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, and partner will be respected and accepted and valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, and we have an office in Montreal. Come work with us!