Senior Manager, Account Management
Here at Zola, we’re seeking an exceptional Senior Manager, Account Management to lead our Wedding Vendor Marketplace Account Management team.
Zola’s Wedding Vendor Marketplace helps engaged couples find and connect with local wedding professionals (venues, photographers, florists, and more) to plan the wedding of their dreams, while helping those wedding professionals find and book new clients. Our Account Management team plays a critical role by engaging, retaining, and ensuring the success of wedding pros on Zola’s platform.In this role, you will be responsible for the success of the Account Management team, whom you will manage directly. We’re looking for a collaborative, scrappy, analytical problem-solver who can help scale this critical function at Zola. You’ll set and implement our vendor engagement strategy and targets, oversee the day to day operations of the team, analyze and report on individual and team performance, coach Account Managers to help them achieve ambitious goals, and make critical business decisions needed to engage, retain, and increase the lifetime value of our vendors.
You’ll report directly to the head of Vendor Sales & Account Management, and you’ll partner closely with Sales, Product, B2B Marketing, Customer Support, and many other teams at Zola. This role is based in NYC, with 2 days a week in the office (Tuesdays and Thursdays).
Our ideal candidate has a track record of success in roles at growing companies. You love both building and optimizing, and both strategizing and doing. You are a strong coach and people manager, able to help your team achieve their fullest potential. You love data and customer insights, and you can prove your ability to learn new systems quickly. And you love working with kind, smart colleagues who share a commitment to putting the customer first!
- Develop and implement strategy to improve vendor engagement and drive sales
- Manage a high performing team to engage and retain our most impactful vendors.
- Establishing, and continuously assessing success measures & clear goals to support the short and long-term business strategy.
- Analyze data to measure performance and identify areas for improvement
- Provide regular updates to leadership team on product feedback, optimization recommendations, sales performance, retention numbers etc
- Recruit, train, and onboard new team members as needed.
- Foster a collaborative and positive team culture that values open communication and knowledge sharing.
- Gain industry knowledge and understanding of our clients’ business and challenges.
- Analyze customer feedback and work alongside our product team on developing strategies to address customer concerns
- Cross functional collaboration with necessary teams, such as support, sales and product.
- Develop continuing education opportunities to promote ongoing growth within the team.
- 5-7 years of experience in account management, with a track record of progressively increasing responsibility.
- Strong leadership and team management skills with a proven track record of managing direct reports to achieve aggressive targets
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage competing tasks in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment; self-starter with a resilient mindset
- Positive, customer-first mindset; experience balancing customer and business needs
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate effectively with leadership, team, and customers
- Acute attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and use data to drive decisions; Excel knowledge is a must and Looker knowledge is a plus
- Comfort and familiarity with CRM systems; Hubspot knowledge is a plus
The salary for this role is $110,000-$120,000.
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples’ lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology… all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, and quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online and mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, and simply magical. We’re proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital and Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, and we’re proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, and we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion and perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, and partner will be respected and accepted and valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, and we have an office in Montreal. Come work with us!