Senior Associate, Social Media
As the Sr. Associate - Social Media, you will be responsible for driving our social and community management strategy, solidifying Zola as the ultimate destination for the next generation of soon-to-be and engaged couples. You will champion our brand purpose, and translate it into thumb-stopping content and activation opportunities that capture the hearts and minds of our target consumer.
The ideal candidate is a social marketing savant, with a deep passion for brand building and storytelling, capable of developing and executing social marketing initiatives that drive discovery, favorability, and business results. This full-time role, reporting to the VP of Brand Marketing and Strategy, will be hybrid at our office in NYC.
- Own the development and execution of Zola’s social strategy across channels - from crafting compelling social personas to creating and curating insightful, thumb-stopping content - to drive brand discovery and favorability
- Lead our organic and earned Tiktok efforts, and unlock the channel as a key awareness and discovery platform for Zola
- Develop and execute social-first activations and campaigns that hack brand awareness and relevance without massive media/production budgets - coming up with out of the box, culturally relevant ideas that will break through
- Create, own and execute social calendars, inclusive of campaigns, partnerships cultural moments and content that build the brand and drive awareness, consideration, and engagement
- Champion our brand voice on social and write compelling copy that engages our target audience
- Drive all 1:1 community management efforts in partnership with our CX team, including sourcing UGC content, surprise and delight opportunities and proactive/reactive commentary
- Build and manage a roster of creators to concept and create best-in-class content that drives measurable results
- Collaborate with B2B Marketing Manager to leverage vendor community for consumer-facing social content and activations
- Support ideation and execution of all brand marketing efforts, from brief creation to performance analysis
The Ideal Candidate…
- Has 2-3 years experience building social at a content-driven and/or consumer brand
- Is a culture maven with a pulse on what’s relevant, who’s constantly on the hunt for trends and operates with a bias for action to activate against ideas quickly
- Is relentlessly creative (always on the lookout for a storytelling opportunity) and is comfortable behind and in front of the (iPhone) lens
- Has the proven ability to create their own compelling copy, video, and static content, using various different tools and software platforms
- A strong written and verbal communicator who can effectively convey a strategy and idea
- A consumer first-mindset, with the ability to empathize and develop strategies and content that resonate with our target audience
- Strong relationship skills - knows how to navigate complex or nuanced partnerships
- Incredible project management skills, with strong work ethic, responsiveness, and a results-oriented mindset. You’re reliable, in the details, and can navigate a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while staying organized
The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $80,000.
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples’ lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology… all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, and quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online and mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, and simply magical. We’re proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital and Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, and we’re proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, and we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion and perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, and partner will be respected and accepted and valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, and we have an office in Montreal. Come work with us!